NLS has achieved the highest standards and has received accreditation by the nation’s foremost accreditation agency. “In September 2003, CEA was recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions. This recognition gave CEA the distinction of being the only specialized accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions in the U.S. In December 2005, the Commission expanded its mission to include the accreditation of English language programs and schools outside the U.S.”
This is a highly prestigious and well-deserved acknowledgement of the high-quality staff and excellent curriculum created by ESL professionals with strong educational backgrounds and experience.
This accreditation means to our students that…our site “has been reviewed extensively” and we have met the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. We have met the following requirements:
- a published mission that guides activities, policies, and allocation of resources.
- a curriculum focused on meeting the assessed needs of students. They maintain an effective system for assessing students for initial placement in courses and for progression from level to level.
- experienced, professionally qualified faculty that are committed to teaching.
- facilities and administrative and fiscal resources to provide an excellent learning environment.
- a wide array of student services—on-going orientation; academic personal, visa, and immigration advising; and social, recreational, and cultural activities.
- ethical recruiting practices; all promotional literature has been deemed to be accurate and complete and to fully inform students of what benefits they will receive from their tuition.
- formalized plans to continually review and revise programs and services.
NLS is a private career school approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Education and Department of Labor and Workforce Development.