top of page

Student Services

Our Mission:

As an English language school, Nile’s mission is to provide exceptional English language programs to speakers of other languages. We are dedicated to helping students in the process of achieving their goals, improving their social and academic abilities, and facilitating the acquisition of the English language in a friendly learning environment.

Our mission is accomplished by:
  • Carrying out a comprehensive curriculum that supports the expansion and acquisition of integrated language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing;
   • Assisting our students in the development of the aforementioned skills in a cross-cultural setting through the exploration of people, places and ideas in the American culture and other cultures;
   • Implementing assessment tools for placement accuracy, learning and progress verification;
   • Providing services and activities that help our students take full advantage of their stay in the United States;
   • Encouraging active faculty and staff participation in the development and evaluation of the program, as well as their own professional development.

Student Services:

 The needs of our students are our top priority. NLS offers a range of Student Services to ensure that students flawlessly transition to the American culture and lifestyle. The School Director, Academic Director, and Student Advisors are available to answer students’ questions about the school, housing, transportation, banking, sporting and recreation, tourist attractions, colleges and universities, internships, scholarships, and social and cultural norms. The School Director and the Academic Director can also assist the students with school-related matters.

Student Advising​

NLS administrators also serve as advisors. Students can schedule an appointment with the Director, Academic Director, or Student Advisor for academic or personal advising. Office hours of each administrator are posted on the Info Board located in the main hall. If the administrator feels that a student’s needs exceed the resources available at NLS, referrals to other professionals, services, or programs might be provided.

Academic Advising​

Academic advising is available to students whose needs are academic in nature. Academic advising is provided to students who:

  • struggle during a course;

  • are in danger of failing a course;

  • do not pass a course;

  • are taking the TOEFL course;

  • are interested in attending a U.S. college or university;

  • have questions regarding their studies.

Personal Advising

Personal advising is available to students whose needs are personal in nature. These needs may include:

  • homesickness;

  • difficulty understanding or adjusting to the American culture;

  • emergencies;

  • health problems;

  • assistance obtaining a driver’s license.

Student Tutoring:


Tutoring Center

Tutoring is available to students who need extra help with vocabulary, writing, grammar, TOEFL, pronunciation, or homework.


Parties, Celebrations, and Picnics

NLS occasionally organizes celebrations and outdoor activities, such as picnics, field trips, and other events. These events are designed to immerse the students into the American culture, allowing them to practice English in real-life situations.


Official Letters

Students may request official letters, including a certification as a current student at Nile Language School, a certification as a previous student at Nile Language School, a letter for the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), and transfer letters. Letters are processed within five to seven business days upon request.



Textbooks are available for purchase on campus with little or no difference in price as compared to the market prices.


Class/Schedule Change

Students may request a class or schedule change for legitimate reasons only. For instance, if a student desires to move to another ESL course, the student must undergo a skills evaluation by a Student Advisor. Upon the Student Advisor’s recommendation, the student can move to the desired course. Teachers may also recommend a change of course.  NLS may accommodate these changes pending availability.



A certificate is issued to students who successfully complete:

  • Beginner English

  • Intermediate English

  • Advanced English

  • College Preparation/TOEFL

The request should be submitted to the School Director or Academic Director, and the certificate will be available for retrieval in five business days.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Yes, we do. NLS is authorized under the federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.

Our application process is very simple. Please fill out the online application form and submit your document via the account you created under the federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.

You will need the following documents to apply:

- Copy of passport: must be valid for at least 6 months.

- Proof of finances: you must prove that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of education and cost of living in the United States.

- Affidavit of Support/Sponsor Letter: if you are being sponsored, your sponsor must sign a Sponsor Form. If your sponsor is located in the U.S., they must fill out the I-531 Affidavit of Support form that can be found on the USCIS website.

-Pay: Registration fee of $100 and Document mailing fee ($75 for International Express, $25 for Domestic Express, or Free for Pick Ups).

NLS is authorized under the federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. I-20 is a ”Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status” for an F1 student visa NLS issues after you have been accepted into the NLS program. You will need the Form I-20 in order to apply for the F1 visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

The Form I-20 is a ”Certificate of Eligibility” for the F-1 Student Status. A nonimmigrant who applies for an F-1 visa needs the Form I-20 to apply for the F-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.

– The Form I-20 is a document confirming that a student has been admitted to a full-time study program at a government-approved educational institution and has demonstrated sufficient financial resources to stay in the United States.

– The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, other academic institutions, or at a language training program. You must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate, and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

On or before your first day at NLS, you will take a Placement Test that checks your grammar, vocabulary, listening, speaking, and reading skills. You will be placed in a course based on the test results.

Yes. You will receive the NLS Certificate upon a successful completion of a level (e.g. advanced level). You may also request a Progress Report that illustrates the progress made during your course of study at NLS.

Your passport with the F-1 visa stamp and Form I-20 are the most important documents. You will need to present these documents at the customs when entering the U.S. When you travel within the U.S. or to/from the U.S., carry them with you at all times.

bottom of page